Discussion Board

Thread: 7210 Web Access

7210 Web Access

Hi All,

I am trying to run my application on Nokia 7210. The same Application works fine on 3650 and it has some problems while connecting to the Internet. My JAR and JAD files are below 63.7 and 4.9 KBs so, thats not an issue.

Is this issue related to any special carrier settings that needs to be done to achieve Internet access? I am using the same SIM card which works on 3650. I am using T-Mobile as the carrier. Any ideas?

-Nachiket

Super Contributor
    Hi,

What kind of problems?

Is the WAP browser on the 7210 working? If not, check Services, Settings, and make them match the settings on your 3650.

Graham.

Graham,

I see I can go to mMode and read news. Is mMode the same as WAP Browser you are refering to?

But, application sits forever at the point it is sendng out data packets to the Internet. Solutions? Ideas?

-Nachiket

Super Contributor
    Sorry, "mMode" is new to me!! By "WAP Browser", I mean the thing you get when you press and hold the zero key. I get the message "Connecting via GPRS" when I start mine.

Am I right in thinking you can open a socket-connection on the 3650? On the 7210, Connectors only work through the WAP connection, so you can only use HTTP. It uses the same connection settings as the browser - if you go to Menu, Services, Settings, you'll see how this is set up. Sorry, is you're phone in English??! On the 7210 emulator, "Services" is the last menu item, with a graphic of the world and a satellite. "Settings" is the fourth option under "Services".

I'm using Orange (UK), and my active settings default to "Orange GPRS" - obviously, you'll need the right settings for T-Mobile where you are. My GPRS access-point is "orangewap", and is different from the access-point setup for the modem or MMS settings.

Bizarrely, this evening I have the same problem!!! But I can't get a browser connection either, so it must be a network thing. I'm not even getting the 'G' in the top left corner to indicate a GPRS connection. I am eventually getting an IOException thrown, but the time-out seems to be huge!!!

If you get no success, build a very simple MIDlet that just makes an HTTP connection and fetches and displays a text string. Get the phone working with that, in case your software just isn't 7210 compatible for some reason. Once you've proven that the phone works OK, move back to your app and see if that works.

Graham.