Discussion Board

Emulator doesn't keep my RecordStores after restarting

I have a simple piece of code that creates a new RecordStore and adds a single record to it. This executes fine, and after running it if I call

RecordStore.listRecordStores()

it shows the newly created RecordStore.

However, when running this in a Nokia emulator, I find that when I restart the emulator the RecordStore is no longer there. This works fine using Sun's Wireless Toolkit - is there a setting somewhere to enable persistent storage of RecordStores in the emulator (I'm using the 7210 emulator but it's probably the same across them all)? I tried adding the "MIDlet-Data-Size" attribute to the JAD file, but it didn't help.

Thanks!

if you want the emulator to save the RMS, you have to shut your app in the emulator before shutting the emulator itself. For example, at the end of your emulating session, just press the OFF button and once the emulator is in 'telephone mode', close the emulator.
    You should find the RMS in the apps directory of the emulator.

pdm9
    You probably forget to close RecordStore

yeah or probably not, since i have the same behaviour and you can believe me, i don't forget to close the record store.

Hmm, my record stores persist between application launches.
    I use 7210 emulator.

Those I have another problem
    When I delete record store, it still exists on the next launch. On the phone it works fine

I didn't forget to close the RecordStore - sorry, I should have mentioned that.

I will try closing the application on the phone tonight and see if that fixes it, thanks.

I'll keep you posted!

Thanks esteinitz!

Shutting down the application in the emulator fixed the problem - thanks a lot!