Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Series 60 refuses to run

Typical - try for ages to solve a problem, post a message on a help forum and then solve the problem two minutes laters.

FYI If you get the message :

"A Class was not found during execution. It is possible that preverifying has failed etc etc"

on the series 60 emulator, but your Jar works on all other emulators - check that the MIDlet-Jar-URL entry in the Jad points to the actual file and not where it will be deployed to.

All the other emulators presumably look locally for the file first, but the series 60 emulator doesn't.......and so it can't find the Jar.

Last edited by Danack; 2003-07-29 at 03:50.

Super Contributor
    I usually use a relative path in my JADs. Generally I put the JAD and JAR in the same directory and then MIDlet-Jar-URL just has the name of the JAR. It has worked on all Nokia models and emulators I've tried.

shmoove

Regular Contributor
    Aye - I was planning on using Antenna abilitys to deploy the Jads + Jars to a website, where obviously they would need the correct URL information.

Guess I'll have to do that seperately when I want to run the emulator....

Super Contributor
    I am talking about deploying to a web-site. I don't know if it works on every phone, but I've tried with a 3510i, a 6800 and a 7650 and had no problems downloading with a relative path in the JAD.

Regular Contributor
    Cool - that's useful to know.

I thought you had to have the full URL in there....