Discussion Board

Super Contributor

Connection problems 2.1 SDK with 7110

Posted by Rupert Squires, rupert@202d.co.uk
    on February 18, 2002 at 00:32

I've recently installed the Nokia PC Connectivity SDK 2.1 so I can access my 'phone using a VB interface. But the problem is that the NCM (Nokia Connection Manager) keeps reporting that no phone is connected.

I can use another program (Logo Manager) and access my phone successfully, but when it comes to NCM not a chance.

Has anyone else experienced simular problems and if so how did they solved them.

A few facts.

I'm connecting via a lead (admittedly not from Nokia, but a computer fair)
    According the Nokia I should be using a DLR-3P lead (although you can select on the setup which one you want).
    But when I look at Logo Manager, it says (on it's auto config) that I'm using a: DAU-9P cable.
    When I click on "Change COM port..." no ports appear in the dropdown - although it is set to COM1 in the registry. (Where the phone is).

Super Contributor

RE: Connection problems 2.1 SDK with 7110

Posted by Klaus Lange, klaus_d_lange@yahoo.com
    on March 08, 2002 at 23:30

I'm using a DLR-3P cable and it works fine with SDK 2.1 and 7110. You can get one at an auction site.

RE: Connection problems 2.1 SDK with 7110

hi,
    this is kinda late, but anyway ...
    i have found out that the sdk2.1 can connect to the 7110 only via the dlr3cable. however, the phone is responding to several commands via the dau9p, too.

the conclusion is simple : to use the nokia sdk, you need a dlr3 cable; if you plan to create your own communication library, it is possible to do it through a dau9 cable.

steve.