Discussion Board

Bluetooth SDDB Persistence

Using the Java APIs for Bluetooth, it appears the only way to register a service with the SDDB is to use the acceptAndOpen method. This method then blocks waiting for an action.

Our problem is that we would like to register our service with the SDDB and then exit our application. So we have two basic questions:

1. How persistent is our record in the SDDB? Will it survive a detroy app call when we leave our application? What about after an incoming phone call? What about if the phone is powered down?

2. If the answer to all of these questions is that the service is unregistered, is there a way we can create a more persistend record in the SDDB using Java or even Native Symbian? Our target device is the 6600.

Do yuo really know how to use bluetooth java api???
    What type of java api implementation do you use??

Please help me.

Ciao ciao.

???

Sorry ,Iam not getting how this is done? Is it possible to access bluetooth device using java APIs . if so how to proceed and what are those API.
    Kindly help me out finding this out.

Bluetooth API problem

As I can see I´m not the only one that can´t use the Bluetooth API in a real Phone. Nokia 3650. Please if anyone can confirm me that it is not possible write me an e-mail to albertogutim@terra.es. Because I´m wasting a lot of time trying and trying. I haven´t seen in anyplace any information about the Bluetooth API just being suitable for the emulation SDK, so I still hope that it can be done in a real phone. I want to develop a network game using Bluetooth.

Than you to all of you.

3650 does not implement jsr82, so you can't use bluetooth api's in it.

Re: Bluetooth SDDB Persistence

Hello everybody

I have a similar problem and I found this post.

I am trying to register my application bluetooth service in SDDB and then close the application without unregistering the service. In other words I want to keep my service being advertised via bluetooth without necessarily have my application running. Especially for Nokia S40 phones where applications cannot run in the background, it's really a problem to have the application always open as the user cannot do anything else with his mobile phone.

Do you have any idea? If it's not possible to do it via the standard bluetooth API, is there any way to directly interact with SDD and change the settings there?

Thanks

Iordanis

Nokia Developer Champion
    Iordanis, does this help?