Discussion Board

compatible among the phones with same size of screen

Hi,

Since Nokia3410, 3510i, 3520, 3530, 3560 and so on have the same size of screen, do you think if an application runs on one of models above can also be able to run on the others, provided the colors problem has been properly dealt with? I'm asking this question because I don't want to buy too many different models of phones to test my application.

Thanks,

Jean

... it is called Nokia Platform approarch...

Have you ever heard about Series 30, Series 40, Series60, Series 80?

P.S.
    Although before final shipping it's always nice to check the very final app on every phone. Some may not have e.g. java access for vibration supported

Hi doctordwarf,

Thank you for your help. Do yuo think that the phones belong to the same series would be compatible in terms of running Java applications?

You should really check what does term Nokia Platform mean.
    I think there was a link about it right at the main page of Forum Nokia.

Compatible..
    What do you mean saying "compatible".
    Phones in same Serie have same screen size, and some other features. Check them. If your app fits series mandatory constraints, then it should be able to run ok on every serie phone unless there are some bugs in concrete phone. These bugs happen. Hence, so its desirable that final check was made on several phones of the serie (e.g., main target phones)

Regular Contributor
    Hi!

Go to a local phone store (perhaps one that sells used phones) and ask for the possibility to test your app.

McMc

Regular Contributor
    >Go to a local phone store

Go when the staff in the shop are likely to be bored and don't have any customers to deal with, then they'll be much more likely in your offer of a free game in return for testing.