Discussion Board

6310i and Palm Bluetooth Card

I have a 6310i and a Palm m505 with a Palm Bluetooth card. The palm with discover the 6310i (but not the other way around) and requires the two to be paired in order to establish a connection. The palm prompts me for a passkey and when I enter a simple key like, 01, the phone ask me 'Pair with? [device name]' but before I can accept it then reports 'Device not available' and both devices stop talking.

What am I doing wrong. I assume there is not a fixed passkey for the 6310i or that there are not other security settings that would stop pairing that I've missed. Any help appreciated as I'm getting very frustrated.

Nokia Developer Moderator

RE: 6310i and Palm Bluetooth Card

You can use any arbitrary passcode. It only has to be the same on both ends. (For example, 1111). In some cases it is better to use only one-digit-long passcode and enter it as quickly as possible, as the pairing time may be limited.
    Also a good hint is, if possible, to accomplish the pairing procedure separately, not as part of a DUN link establishment.

1) search for devices from the PDA
    2) pair with 6310 from the PDA
    3) follow the screen of the 6310 and "Accept" as quickly as the text appears
    4) insert the passcodes on both ends as quickly as you can

-seppo
    Forum Nokia

RE: 6310i and Palm Bluetooth Card

I had the same problem; the 6310i didn't open a passkey dialog when expected when I used the Bluetooth set up app on the Palm. Vodafone told me there are problems with Bluetooth on 6310i (my s/w version is 4.07) that are apparently fixed in 4.2. I did manage to get a trusted connection set up however. On the Palm, in Preferences, Network (assuming you have the service provider's connection details set up there), select Connect. The Palm goes through Discovery, then Pairing and the 6310i pops up the Passkey dialogue at the appropriate point. As already mentioned, you have very little time to enter the Passkeys before the Nokia stops pairing, so keep the code short.