Discussion Board

cannot create class in system package

Hello,

when my phone call this message, what i have make wrong.
    I have write the midlet and put the jar, what i need, in the lib-folder. Then i create a jad and jar about the wireless toolkit 1.0.4. i make a download about my nokia 7250i and when i execute the midlet i get the mistake:

cannot create class in system package

What is the problem???

thanks and best regards.

natrix

Super Contributor
    I have write the midlet and put the jar, what i need, in the lib-folder
    What exactly do you mean by that? Sounds like you are trying to include some extension APIs that the phone doesn't support in your jar. If that is the case then it won't work. Your jar can't contain any classes that go in the java.* or javax.* packages because that violates the license agreement (and gives that error message). Also, most (if not all) of those APIs need some methods implemented in a native level, so including the classes won't be enough anyway.

shmoove

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have write the midlet and put the jar, what i need, in the lib-folder

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i mean:
    i work with the wireless toolkit 1.0.4, then when i create a project with the program i get same folders. i want to write a app for send a sms. It is the same problem as in the networks. i have take the documents for the nokia side and develop a app. i download the wma api 1.0 and 1.1 and put the jar from this download in the lib folder from the wtk. i create a jad and jar about the wtk. i have unpack the jar and see all what this app need(the class from the api and my class). behind the creation i don't get exceptions. so when i download this jar on my 7250i and start it, i get the exception :

cannot create class in system package with the wma api
    and the protocol "sms://NUMBER"

and

nullpointerexception with sms api
    and the protokol "com.nokia.sms://"

thanks and best regards

natrix

Super Contributor
    i download the wma api 1.0 and 1.1 and put the jar from this download in the lib folder from the wtk. i create a jad and jar about the wtk.
    Like I said, you can't do that.
    These extension APIs have to be supported by the phone (in the firmware), you can't just include them in your jar, because some of their methods need a native implementation (how are you going to send an SMS in pure Java???), and also you would be infringing on the license agreement.
    If the phone (7250i) has WMA then you are in luck and you don't need to include the package in your JAR. If it doesn't have WMA (or at least Nokia's SMS API), then there is nothing you can do about it
    I couldn't find any info on the 7250i, but the 7250 doesn't support any of these extensions (so I imagine the 7250i doesn't either).
    Looks like you need a different phone my friend

shmoove

7250i and wma (jsr120)

it gives in the nokia documentation a pdf about all nokia handys and on side:
    i have search in the forum.nokia.com under documents. i have write in the searchfield jsr120 an put on "Nokia phones and devices technical specifications".you find the spezification about the nokia 7250i and under java stand, i can use wma.

best regards

natrix

Super Contributor
    If the 7250i supports WMA then all you have to do is take out the WMA code from your jar. This library should already exist on the phone.

thanks for your help