Discussion Board

Cannot detect 6219 phone

The environment is Windows 2000 Server, DLR-3P cable, and 6210 phone. I downloaded 6210 modem setup, PC suite, and
    PC Connectivity SDK 3.0 Beta but none of them seems to be able to detect the phone. The Nokia Connection Manager CAN detect the DLR-3P cable under the 'Connection Type' box, but 'No Phone connected' is shown. I worked with 61xx Nokia phone + DAU-9P cable under the same environment before and it works. Would anyone shed some light on this please ? Thanks. - HW

The subject should be Nokia 6210 instead of 6219, a typo error. I solve this problem myself by using SDK2.1 instead of SDK3.0 ; SDK2.1 successfully detect the Nokia 6210 phone at COM1 whereas SDK3.0 cannot detect the phone.

Although SDK2.1 'finds' the phone at COM1, it actually didn't after testing connectivity such as retrieving SMS memory. The only way I can connect the 6210 phone with SDK3 beta is through infrared so far, and I verified it by sending out SMS with it. Anybody who can shed more light on COM port connectivity with Nokia phone 6210 will be appreciated. Cheers.