Discussion Board

MIDlet protection

hi,
    how can I protect my MIDlet so the user can't send it to another user without paying? and also if I set the MIDlet life (for example to 6 months) using rms and the system date time what's up if the user change the current mobile date?

eml

Some phones support DRS (Digital Rights Management) developed by OMA (Open Mobile Alliance). This group was formed in June 2002.

A phone that supports DRS can protect content (Midlets, ringtones, images, etc) to send futher.

Some examples of Nokia phones that support DRS are:
    - Nokia 6800
    - Nokia 7250i
    - New Nokia N-gage
    - New Nokia 3650
    - New Nokia 3600
    - Nokia 5100
    - Nokia 7200
    - New Nokia 6220

If a phone does not support DRS there is no way to protect this content (like Midlets). Take a note that records stored in RMS is readable for all Midlets.

so which is the selling MIDlet policy?
    is there any way to use a software serial number?

thanx

eml

Regular Contributor
    Can we any function to disable the IrDa transfer whenever the user tries to transfer the application out of the native device?

Cheers
    YC

DRM for offline distribution

Hi !

After reading all of the pdfs about DRM, I assume that DRM is applicable for online distribution purpose only (am i right ?).

Is there any way to protect midlet for offline distribution ? I just want to make sure that my MIDlet works only for registered devices without making any communication to server.
    I'm trying to discover unique id from a device other than IMEI since it is not supported in MIDP, but i couldn't manage