Discussion Board

Error msg "Running at background"

Dear sir,
    while i am testing an app. (this app. depends on the following concept :
    1st step at 1st time running ,registration phase which depends on checking if there is and RMS or not....
    2nd step ,after 1st time(2nd time,3rd...),confirm registration and logon the app &this depends on checking a value of a flag in the RMS)
    and after successflly testing it on the simulator , i download it on the mob and begin testing.....
    the 1st time the app opens everything seems ok and begin registration , when i closed the app and reopen it ,the following msg appear and the app never starts "Running at background" ,
    i tried to find any problem in the code ,but nothing,by the way everything is good on the simulator....plz i need any support......thx

Super Contributor
    What phone are you testing it on? And how are you exiting the app?
    It sounds like you are running it on a Series 60 phone (7650 or 3650). If you press the red button (the "End" button), it looks like you are exiting your app, when you are actually just moving it to the background (like pressing alt+tab on windows). You need to exit using the Exit command for the application to actually stop!
    If this is the case then after you exit with the red button (and so put your app in the background) a long press on the Menu button will pop up a small window with the applications that are currently running and you can return to your app from there.
    Hope this helps,

shmoove

i'm using 3510i ,and i exit the app by pressing the right side softkey which i previously i assigned it to exit......