Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

About J2ME more...

Dear anyone at this developer I have someproblem can any one help me to find the solution, my problem are: can i make program GPS with J2ME?? if can give some code how to make it???, how to find BST ID by using J2ME???, they the are my question i hope i can get the answer as soon as can be

Nokia J2ME phones do not support any GPS access. They also don't have GPS functionality usually

You should find some GPS device manufacturer which makes supporting Java. If there is such manufacturer, then you are lucky.

Regular Contributor

About J2ME more...

At this time i has been download class library nokia with file name jsr179_javadoc_FinalRelease10.zip at there explain about class java at here i would ask in that i got information about Location calss with have some methods and some methods are MTE_CELL_ID, MTE_SATELITE, and etc that explain how get BST ID and connected with GPS satellite so can i use this class at my project???? if i down have some mistake that JSR179 for phone device it is!!!, i have get more information about that and thank you for your answer

I believe it's just a spec, not implemented in phones yet.

Regular Contributor

So...

If that it's just spec so can you give me any solution to get BST ID or GPS system with another code like WAP or etc, thank you