Discussion Board

Drawing on window that belongs to other app

This is my first post here so first of all I'd like to say hello to everyone
    I would like to write an app that would display some text on top of the "Phone" application window (in Series 60) - some kind of "today screen". How can I do this the best and easiest way ?
    Is it possible to create a child window of "Phone" applications main window ? If so, how to get the "Phone's" main window handle ? I know how to get its window group handle but is there any way to get list of windows that belongs to specified window group ?
    I would greatly appreciate any suggestions
    Paul M.
    (a.k.a. Miœ Uszatek)

Nokia Developer Moderator
    Hi

I think you can't really get any Child handle to Phone application, but there would be one easy solution. Basically you could check in your code that when the phone applications window is focused, and then put the focus on your app, that way the phone would be shown in background and your program in top of it. Basically would create same effect as it would be "child" of the phone propably.

Then of course you need to remember to forward all of the keys & events to phone app, so it would work as it would be the one with teh focus on it.

yucca

small problem

This seems to be the only solution but there is also one small thing I have to work around. If I create a window that would be always on top of Phone app, it would also cover the child windows that Phone displays in some situations (for example call notification window).
    Is there any way just to check if phone app window does contain any child windows ? I don't need their handles, I just want to know that they exist...

Hi to all!!
    Thaks you for the usefull information that i can read on this thread...
    i've a similar problem...
    i've two application:A and B.
    A starts B,
    now i want to control the application B from the application A.
    For example i want to send to B from A the pressing of the left softkey.
    How can i do it??
    Please answer me!!
    Thanks to all!!