Discussion Board

ArrayIndexOutofBoundsException

There are certain features in my application that fails only on 3650/7650. These features work smoothly on non-Nokia devices (e.g iDEN), but, they dont work properly and throw ArrayIndexOutofBoundsException or NegativeArraySizeException and the Application terminates on 3650/7650.

Have anyone on this forum experienced such "stricter" behavriour by Nokia devices and they throw Exceptions at places where other devices throw no exceptions?

This is hard-to-believe for me, all other devices (iDEN, Simens, Blackberry etc) pass that stage and the problem is _ONLY_ on Nokia devices.

Any ideas? Solutions? Similar experiences?

One instance where ArrayIndexOutOfBounds seems to appear is when performing HTTP requests to a web server from the S60 handset and the server responds with chunked transfer encoding.

For further description, see
    http://www.sourceress.net/s60chunked.html

What are the circumstances under which you have seen the problem?

I am getting this exception thrown while expecting a response from webserver. Though, I get some response processed and than the exception is thrown.

I guess "InputStream.read(byte[] stuff) throws ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException when starting to read the second chunk of a multi-chunk response." explains it all.

Thanks a lot,

-Nachiket