Discussion Board

Magical Nokia package creation

Am I the only one that feels that some things in the Nokia integration with Sun One studio seem magical?

For instance if I create a class using File/New, I can't import the javax.microedition packages, but when I use the Tools/Nokia/New Class, it works fine.

I imagine it's setting some variable somewhere, but I have no idea what or where.

My latest problem is this:

I created two new packages, an events package to store the events for my game, and a tasks package for TimerTasks for my game. I created these packages the way I created all my other packages. I then added a few .java files (using Nokia new class) to each package. I added the .class files to the classes tab of tools/nokia/new application package.

Here's the kicker. When I click generate, I get an error that says something like this,

Unable to create Application Package.
    java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Java\Projects\Game\..\preverified-temp\gameevents\SomeClass.class (The system cannot find the file specified)

Does anyone have a clue what's going on here? I can't even find a further subdirectory under my Game directory.

SpaceCowboy

I just tried to move the classes into another package I created and they compiled in fine. So it is something about the way I'm creating the packages that is screwed up. Has anyone had this problem before?

SpaceCowboy