Discussion Board

Java <-> C++ inter-process communication

A nasty little technical question for any Symbian Java experts out there.

I'm trying to find ways that a MIDlet could communicate with a Symbian C++ app running on the same device. Does anyone know if any of the following might be possible:

- Opening an HttpConnection to 127.0.0.1 on the Java side, and having the C++ app listening on port 80

- Writing information to "persistant storage" on the Java side, and having the C++ app somehow find and read that data

- Starting the MIDlet from a C++ app, and communicating via system.in and system.out

Thanks in advance for any ideas!
    --G

That should work. You would have to write a Symbian service that listens on a TCP server socket and accepts connections from the MIDlet. You would then define a simple command protocol between the MIDlet and the colocated Symbian service. Of course the MIDlet got to have permission to connect to "localhost". --silvano

Access point

I am trying to do a comunication from Java to C++
    but I have the following question:

If I try to connect the application ask me to choose the Access Point even if I use localhost or 127.0.0.1.
    I don't want to let the user choose the Access Point because it is no sence for localhost.

Any suggestion ?

Bye
    Stefano