Discussion Board

D211: Use GPRS and WLAN simultanously

Hi,
    I'm looking for a mulitmode card that can be connected to several networks at the same time. I have a server that will receive information from one or more clients using WLAN. This information should be forwarded to another computer using GPRS or HSCSD. Is this possbile using D211 or another Nokia technology?

Thanks in advance!

regards,

Ståle Walderhaug

Regular Contributor
    Hello,

Possible solutions depend on which kind of setup you will have.

If the server is in a fixed location it might be wiser to set up a WLAN network with access point(s) in order to enable reading all source terminals simultaneously, longer network ranges and better scalability. Information can be obtained from one access point attached to the server. Data can be then processed and sent forward to the remote computer by using any data enabled GSM terminal.

If the server must be mobile i.e. it must be moved from one location to another in order to be able to collect data from different WLAN terminal sources then Ad Hoc WLAN connections are the preferred method. This will mean that only the nearby terminals connected to Ad Hoc network are available. Server can be perhaps programmed in such a way that during spare time or travelling from one source to another the data is transferred to remote computer via GSM.

Nokia D211 is a suitable terminal choice for either of those measurement setups. Also Nokia 30 is a programmable GSM-only terminal option for industrial solutions.

Best Regards,

Nokia D211 Support