Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

need help in starting

hi! i'm very new to symbian programming, may i know where can i find references, examples and list of functions that i can use to program a game in c++? i'm using vc6 and series 60 sdk.

i need to do things like:

1. open a new page, when an option from a menu is choosen and when the user press ok, it goes back to the original page.

2. the new page is a list box where the user can do single selections and change values.

3. can i insert a bitmap on top of another bitmap dynamically? how to?

i appreciate for any guides. thank you.

Regular Contributor
    Hi,

I'm relatively new to Symbian Programming too, but i can give u a rough guideline to get started. The very best place to start would be ur SDK Help file.

All the articles under Symbian OS > Developers Guide are essential.

Of course there are the
    Series 60 > Series 60 Developer Guides > Application Framework Handbook

1) I'm not sure what u mean by this question number 1, but there are many ways of doing what u want i guess, just a matter of experimenting. U'll definitely spend alot more time at the listboxes.

2) If you wana jump straight to listboxes you can check out the AKNEXLIST example. It has its own documentation under the SDK Help file.
    Series 60>Series 60 Examples>Example Applications
    The example is pretty complexed as it tries to stuff everything about listboxes and the many different listbox variations inside. All you have to do is slowly trace how the example works, its flow of control, and find the code that u need for whatever particular type of listbox u want.

The documentation for the AKNEXLIST example does help a little in basic understanding, I suggest u read it first.

3) As for bitmaps, hah, i'm no good in that area.

Regular Contributor

Thanks a lot!

i've looked at that example, and that's what i'm looking for. thank you. i'll look through the code in detail now. =)