Discussion Board

How to change/view/delete OMA settings in Nokia 6220 handset??

Hi all,

I have tried to send an OMA setting to the Nokia6220 handset by using the XML example (Browser and MMS example) from the document 'OMA Client Provisioning for Series 40'.

After saving the setting, the setting cannot be viewed or even edited from handset interface. I understand this is the security issue provided by OMA bootstrap. I have tried to resend the same setting to the handset, it only treated this as a new setting to occupy a new setting memory location instead of replace the saved setting.

So, I would like to know how can i further modify the setting which was already saved in the handset by programming. Any software or server tools we can use to do this? and how can i delete the saved settings through the handset interface??

Thanks.

Nokia Developer Expert
    Hi!

You can't modify those settings, only thing you can do is delete settings by entering *#335738#

Teemu / Forum Nokia

Thank you!!

Hi auvinent,

Thanks a lot!!
    Your response is so helpful : )

btw, is this code '*#335738#' only for Nokia 6220 or also for other Nokia handsets which support OMA settings??

Nokia Developer Expert
    Hello!

To be honest, I don't know. It works for Nokia 5100 US and for Nokia 6220 (Nokia OS) that are OMA Client provisioning enabled phones. No idea if it will work on Symbian platform.

Teemu / Forum Nokia

Hi,

Can you tell the methods that you use to send the setting?
    And also , what binary number are needed in the header if I use SMS to send the bootstrap document