Discussion Board

Listboxes, again...

After toying for a while with Avkon's listboxes, it seems that they are only usable when filling the whole main pane. Correct? If so, in case I want to have slightly different kinds of listboxes (for example leaving room for a heading on top of the main pane, or making the listboxes a bit narrower, or having different formatting for items) can I use the CAkn... classes at all, or am I forced to go back to eikon classes?

CEikTextListBox is so far the only listbox class I managed to instantiate and use properly. Am I allowed to make instances of CEikColumnListBox or CEikFormattedCellListBox? The former didn't work because the linker couldn't find the constructor implementation, and the latter doesn't look right on screen, so obviously I'm doing something wrong. What I'd like to know is whether I'm even dealing with the right classes here...

Thanks in advance.

Well, looks like everyone else is as clueless as me when it comes to non-standard listboxes. I managed to get CEikColumnListBox through the compiler, but it doesn't actually show anything on screen. CEikFormattedCellListBox is still messed up. Argh. So I'm either going to have to

1) use aknlists listboxes, which aren't really suitable at all.
    2) stick with plain CEikTextListBox which both looks crappy (especially the selection rectangle, argh) and doesn't support columns.
    3) write my own listbox class, which will take forever with my skill level.

All bad alternatives. (Help?)
    Last edited by jarjak; 2003-09-02 at 08:04.

Regular Contributor
    jarjak how did u shrink u'r listbox and draw it on screen with a border around it?

I tried using shrinking the in my container's ConstructL:

TRect testRect = aRect;
    testRect.Shrink(5,5);

iListBox->SetRect(testRect);

but it only screws up the listbox. The right border and left border look like 5 pixels, there is no bottom border, and the top border is huge, like 30 pixels.

Could u show me some code? I'm using the CEikTextListBox

Thanks.../

just move the rectangle a bit up ...

TRect testRect = aRect;
    testRect.Move(0,-44);