Discussion Board

Problem downloading large files using HTTP/GET

Hi,

I am developing an application which need to download files from the www using sockets and HTTP/GET. Everything works fine in the emulator, but when trying to download a large file using an actual Nokia 3650 I get KErrEof from the server before I have received the entire file, typically after about 30 seconds. I first though that this is a server problem, but then I noticed that I can download the file using the Java-based WebViewer web browser without problems. I am also able to download large files from other servers with no problem using my own application.

Can someone offer any explanation to this behaviour? I've tried fiddling with timeout and buffer size values but that did not seem to help. I've used the SDK's Socket example and the HTTP Filefetcher example in the Symbian OS Communications Programming book as the basis for my application, and am using the RecvOneOrMore() method to read data from the socket.

Thanks,
    Joakim

Working example of HTTP POST

Regular Contributor

HTTP file fetching

Hi,

have you got around to resolving the issue of KErrEof received from the socket. I'm also working on a module which downloads a binary file from the web server. Could you please share your code or ideas how can I achieve this.

Kamal