Discussion Board

Thread: binary sms

binary sms

I am trying to send a binary SMS message to/from a Nokia 3650. I am using the BIO message format but when i send it from my phone it is received by my phone as a text BIO message with the //SCKL header which i believe is 7-bit text format. I require 8-bit binary format. The BIO resource file that I am using is as follows:

RESOURCE BIO_INFO_FILE
    {
    message_type_uid=0x1000ffff; message_parser_uid=0x101FB74C; message_app_uid=KUidUseNoApp ; message_appctrl_uid=0x00000000;
    description="BIOexample";

icons_filename="bioexample.mbm";

icon_zoom_levels = {1};

ids=
    {
    ID
    {
    type=ENbs;
    character_set=KCharSetDefault;
    confidence=ECertain;
    port=50000;
    }
    };
    }

The SMS that i receive in my inbox is as follows:

//SCKLC3500000000101 <my user data>

My questions are as follows:

1) Why is this SMS being received as text rather than binary
    2) Which of my applications is implicitly listening on the port 50000, is it the parser, the app uid or the app control?
    3) Please do not refer me to documentation as I have already read all documentation related to this subject several times, hence this question.

Thanks in advance.

Hello Tony,
    Did you find any answer to your question? I have read a lot of doc and couldn't find any answer. I have managed sending sms on a precise port and starting apps automaticaly using MIDP 2.0 But i would like to do the same in symbian.
    Do you have an idea how to register an application to receive sms from a certain port, and thus that this application is automatically started when an sms to that port arrives?
    Shall i implement a server architecture that is always started and wait for recieved message?
    Thanks
    Nums