Discussion Board

Thread: Jsr 179

Jsr 179

Any Nokia phones that supports JSR 179 yet? I guess it must have a GPS integrated or connected if this should be of interest :-)

gjohre
    www.midlet.no

I'm also curious about this. When is Nokia expecting to have phones that support this?

Luc

I am also searching for this, and I have a notice that news cell phones is coming soon.

Luc

Super Contributor
    if u have to make an application that uses Cell id asap..then go in for Symbian C++..coz m sure it will take sometime b4 we have phones in the market that support the JSR-179...!!
    ciao

Dear Mr. mayankkedia

You write me that there are a nokia's cell phone with GPS inside that is able to run JSR 179, and if managed for a application in Symbian C++ this device can send the GPS coordinates when receive a specific fone call ? Dont you ?
    That is what I am looking for !

Please write to me
    Luciano P. Costa

Super Contributor
    i guess there was a slight disconnect in what i wrote and what was interpreted..what m saying is that most of the cell info is broadcasted by the cellular operators that provides u mobile connection..Symbian C++ gives u API and functions to read that cell info..and from that u can retrieve the location and any other details pertaining to the network
    the API used are in the ETel Server and the class for that is RMobilePhone..!
    hope it answers yur question..!!
    with J2ME it aint possible as of now..!!
    ciao