Discussion Board

Changing app place / automatic List

Hi all,

I would be very grateful if you could answer these two questions. I have experience with Series 60 C++ developing, but not with MIDlets.

1) When you delevop a C++ app with the Series 60 Symbian OS your application is set in the phone main menu. Instead of this, a MIDlet is set in the Tools --> Apps. menu. Is this always true? Can I change this and put my MIDlet application in the main menu?

2) Is there any way to create an "automatic" List (or choicegroup)? I mean, a List that when you write a number with the keypad, the option is automatically executed, without going to options --> Select. It's like (more or less) the main Menu, if you press "2", you go to "Contacts" without pressing the ok button. It is like a shortcut.

Thank you very much!

Manel

I've not worked with Series 60 phones, but you do have some control over where the MIDlet gets installed.

There's a Nokia specific field that can be added to the MIDlets JAD file:

Nokia-MIDlet-Category: Game

Game specifies that the MIDlet should be installed in the Games section rather than the Applications section, I don't know if you can put any other values there.

And I've no idea about your second question!

HTH,

Vex / GraphicReality