Discussion Board

How to determine that a socket has been flushed?

I am working with a modified version of the sockets example that incorporates HTTP Post. The problem that I am having is determining at which point all the data has been written to the socket and socket has been flushed, so that I can close the connection to the webserver. Idealy I would like to be able to generate an event on that, instead of polling for it.

I managed to solve a similar problem of determining when the socket connection had been established before starting the transmission by using a callback event. I just don't know at which point to add the event for the closing of the socket.

Keep in mind that the call to write to the socket is a non-blocking call.

Thanks,

Shabbir

See working example

I took a look at the code but it didn't have anything that I would be able to utilize.

Is RSocket.Write() a blocking call?

I think I have figured out how to generate the event I need. I just need to make sure that RSocket.Write() is a blocking call or not. Anyone know?

Thanks

Since RSocket::Write() takes a TRequestStatus parameter, it is an asynchronous (non-blocking) call.

Lauri

hmm... Ok, I can still use my method to see if the write has been completed. Is there a value of the TRequestStatus parameter that will tell me that Write has completed.