Discussion Board

What is the Network PIN for Nokia 6220 to save OMA settings??

I have tried to send OMA settings to the handset Nokia 6220 using both 'user pin' method and 'network pin' method.

By using 'user pin' method (with a shared secret), the OMA settings can be received and saved by the handset.

BUT, when using 'network pin' method (with the IMSI of the SIM card as the shared secret), the OMA settings cannot be saved by the handset and the handset gave the message 'Verification failed, settings will be discarded' and then disappeared quckily.

I have tried to use another SIM card with 'network pin' method, but same failure result was returned.

In the document 'OMA Client Provisioning for Series 40', it is mentioned that the IMSI of the SIM card is used as the shared secret in the 'network pin' method. So, I used IMSI in my trials. But why it doesn't work?? Anything I have missed to do?? or any further settings I need to make?? Please advise.

Thanks

Regular Contributor
    Have you tried '1234'?

It is mentioned in one of the posts.

Hi,

I am curios. You don't mention if you are calulating the MAC value with the IMSI represented as a semi-octed as in GSM world.

Are you ?

/f