Discussion Board

Content Creation Guide / Decode Chip

The new Video and Streaming Content Creation Guide is very well done - even covering details that non-filmmakers would not know about. Well worth a read. Enstedt, nice job! BTW - the pitch that I did fell through, so I will be back in the poor man's support section for a while! Has anyone figured out how to allow fullscreen local playback to happen at 176x208? Also, the latest Nokia video phone has been announced with no co-processor for decodes - is Nokia looking into including a $2 decode chip like the Epson in future units? If not, what would it take for developers to strongly suggest this?
    Last edited by tdugan; 2003-09-12 at 15:43.

Super Contributor
    Hi tdugan,

Has anyone figured out how to allow fullscreen local playback to happen at 176x208? Also, the latest Nokia video phone has been announced with no co-processor for decodes - is Nokia looking into including a $2 decode chip like the Epson in future units?
    In the native video player impelemtation, ie. in RealOne Player, there's no possibility to use fullscreen playback. However, it is possible to implement such an application for Series 60 device and there even might be some 3rd party software available that is capable of utilizing fullscreen. Not sure about that though. And for the chip questioin, I don't think there's any plans for doing that.

Best regards,
    V / Forum Nokia