Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Recording Security beeps!!

Hi,
    When I try to record an active call, the Nokia phone plays beeps every 5 second to me and the remote listener. Is there any way these beeps can be turned off? Also does anyone know if SonyEricsson or Motorola phones also produce these beeps?
    Regards,
    Prakash

Legal requirement.

I believe it's a legal requiremnt for the other party to know that you are recording a voice call. The beeps satisfy that legal requiremnt so I expect that they cannot be removed.

Recording is not forbidden in a lot of countries. I hope they can swich of this iritating beep

Regular Contributor

What legal requirement?

Its legal to record with the knowledge of one party all over the world except three states in US. Why does the world suffer due to some silly law in some states. Also Motorola a US-based company doesn't care so why does Nokia.

record an active call.

Hi Prakash,

Have you got any work around to swith off the beep sound while recording an active call in Nokia phone!! Any ideas would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Beep when recording call

Hi all,

It's been some time since the last post in this thread.
    Any news on the subject? Has anyone found any way of stopping the beeps while recording a phone call? Can you think of an alternative to actually recording the conversation, such as perhaps streaming it over a separate connection?

Thanks in advance.