Discussion Board

Super Contributor

Slowest emulator I have ever seen in my life

Hi,

The Symbian 6.0 SDKs is the slowest emulator that I have ever seen in my life. I'd rather work with Palm OS but unfortunately my company demands to write anything for your device.

And why you do not support windows 2000. I will have to re-install NT just to work on this project.

Any plans to support 2000? To speed up the emulator?

The knowledge base does not work correctly. A lot of information about old devices and old problems.

Hope this goes to your project manager so he will concentrate on fixing 'majors' problems.

Robert

Posted by Roberto Nanamura, keef_coltrane@hotmail.com
    on March 16, 2002 at 01:12

Super Contributor

RE: Slowest emulator I have ever seen in my life

Posted by Wu-Hsiung Li, captin@ms3.hinet.net
    on March 19, 2002 at 08:30

You still can install SDK in the win2000 though they said it is not fully tested. I am using win2000 and SDK now.

For solving the slowest emulator, I have a advice for you. I sipposed you are writing PJava application. You can use "Frame" to replace "CFrame" and run(test) as a Java application on the PC. Just throw that emulator away untill you have to try the feeling on the device. This is my experience. If someone have better solution. Please share with us.

Good Luck~! Programmer~!

Super Contributor

RE: Slowest emulator I have ever seen in my life

Posted by David Stennett Developers, info@midletsoft.com
    on March 19, 2002 at 18:29

Robert:

I hear ya! However, have Nokia/Symbian send you their newest version -- it's a LOT faster.

D.