Discussion Board

Ringtone Converter Software

Hi !

I am intendingto buy the Ringtone COnverter Softare form this link

http://www.codingworkshop.com/ringtones/

Can anyone tell me if this softarware is enough to convert Midis to SP midis, alongwith the MIP stuff as well.

It mentions nothing about SP in the Trial version. But says alot about Channles and opting which one to mute and which to play and also to make SMAF 16/32/40 etc midis

Are smaf 40 the same as SP and polyphoy 40 ?

Im confused and woudl sincerely appreciate some help in this matter.

Thanks a million.

Cyrus

A little experience with that...

Hi there,

I played with the demo for about 5 minutes and didn't find it to be of any use whatsoever when it comes to SP Midi.

I have been using the Nokia Audio Suite inside Cubase SX, and short of a few niggles and not being able to get the midi vibra control to work yet, I've found it pretty useful. (top tip though: do all your editting FIRST then start routing signals to the tool!)

I tried the demo of Mobile Music Polyphonic http://www.ringtone4me.com/

Its looks and performs really badly but did seem to do the job of converting midi to SP Midi. It claims to do SMAF too but I've not been able to test the results.

Thing is, I registered it and have had very little luck with the full version. While the demo restricts the length of the files it exports, everything seemed to work. Now I have the full version I've found the files it exports either crash the phone, hang the phone or are unopenable.

What this software DOES do really well is allow you to easily set the instruments, which is a right pain in cubase using the nokia audio suite (its easy without the tool running!)

I'm currently using Reason for all my midi editting, as I really like it's no nonsense approach, then Mobile Music Polyphonic to set up instruments and finally Nokia Audio Suite in Cubase SX to tidy everything up and do the final export. Its a long winded process but the results are pretty good.

The only thing I'm still busting my nut over is how to get the Vibra alert to trigger through MIDI. I've mailed off a file to Enstedt for analysis but if anyone can mail me a midi file, or a cubase project which contains the correct set up for midi vibra control I would be most grateful.

mrbadger@mrbadger.com

Rich
    Mr Badger

Hi Mrbadger !

Hi !

Thanks for your reply. FEw clarifictaions needed.

Can u tell me the difference between SMAF 16 32 40 and Sp Midi and polyphony 16 32 40.

Also what format is used for Nokia models.

Also where is the information on the each nokia handset using what note of polyphony ?

Thanks so much !

CYRUS

No prob...

I've only got experience of SP Midi, so I don't know much about SMAF. I *guess* that the numbers refer to differnt polyphony levels but I'm really not sure.

SP Midi and the way it actually works is described in documents that you'll find right here on this site.

Just have a look in the documents section and check out the 'midi in nokia phones' document. It's got all the info you need.

Good luck