Discussion Board

Client Provisioning

by the way, does any one know which phone modes support client provisioning for SyncML ??

Nokia: 6220, 3510 ?
    Motorola : C350 ?

What about others brands and other models ?

Nokia Developer Expert
    Hello!

OMA Client provisioning was introduced at Nokia 6220. Also Nokia 5100 US (there is no SyncML client) and Nokia 6600 are OMA Client provisioning capable phones.

Teemu / Forum Nokia

Hi, can I just check what you said about the 5100. Are you saying that 5100 devices sold in Europe do not support OMA client provisioning?

Thanks in advance

Sean.
    Last edited by seancronin; 2003-11-07 at 12:22.

Nokia Developer Expert
    Hi!

Yes, there are two software versions available for Nokia 5100, one for US and one for Europe + Africa + APAC. Only US versio implements the Client Provisioning, all other still works with OTA 7.0. Nokia 5100 US uses TCI/IP stack whereas other regions uses WAP stack.

Also hardware of the device is different, you can't change the software across.

TeemU / Forum Nokia

Hi TeemU,

thanks for clearing that up. I have a related question.

Another manufacturer has produce phones that support both WAP2 client provisioning and Erinok OTA 7.0 standards. I know the 6220 will only support WAP2-OMA client provisioning. Will the 6600 (all versions) and 5100 (US version) support both OTA standards or just WAP2-OMA?

I guess the plan for future phones is to not support Erinok 7.0? Am I right?

/Sean.

Nokia Developer Expert
    Hi!

Nokia 6600 support both, OTA and CP. But you must note that you can't configure all parameters with OTA for Nokia 6600, for example proxy settings are not available at OTA.

Nokia 5100 US support only CP.

You are correct; we are at transition phase with the technology, some products support OTA some will implement CP. In long run OTA will fade a way.

Teemu / Forum Nokia

Hi TeemU,

thanks for clearing that up.

Just to clarify, can you confirm that the Nokia 6600 does not support the parameters PROXY, PROXY_TYPE, PROXY_AUTHNAME, PROXY_AUTHSECRET and PROXY_LOGINTYPE as defined in the OTA spec version 7.0?

Do you know if this limitation applies to any other devices?

For CP am I right to assume that the 6600 impliments the spec according to 'OMA client provisioning for series 40 v1.1'.

/Sean.

Nokia Developer Expert
    Hi again!

OTA 7.0 has a parameters you described, but Proxy mentioned at OTA 7.0 refers to WAP Gateway not to the real HTTP proxy. With OMA CP 1.1 you can send a real proxy address for different clients (MMS and Browser).

Well, limitation or not, our current and future (S40) TCP/IP products will only implement the CP 1.1. Nokia 6600 is kind of a one timer what comes to the CP/OTA combination, there is no intention to implement OTA in future products.

Yes, S40 documents can be used with S60 products, functional implementation should be same, only difference might be the UI (how different items are being displayed to the end user)

Teemu / Forum Nokia

Hi TeemU,

yes, I misunderstood your comment about proxy settings for the 6220. I agree, it is better to use OMA CP 1.1 rather than OTA7 for the 6600.

Thanks for the help.

/Sean.

Re: Client Provisioning

Hi,

I have one problem for Client Provisiong...

as

>>Just to clarify, can you confirm that the Nokia 6600 does not support the parameters PROXY, PROXY_TYPE, PROXY_AUTHNAME, PROXY_AUTHSECRET and PROXY_LOGINTYPE as defined in the OTA spec version 7.0?

is there different setting for different devices?? if yes then how we will send correct provisioning file to the device.

I am sending provisioning files to many devices which i don't know.