Discussion Board

Thread: DTL-4 and 6310i

Hybrid View

DTL-4 and 6310i

I have Nokia DTL-4 card and 6310i. I can establish working Dial-up-networking connection but only with speed 9600 kbps. Also IrDA connection works only with speed 9600 kbps.

If I try to set higher speed I can't get connected and after that I have to install the modems again to get them work OK.

Help, please!

Nokia Developer Moderator

RE: DLT-4 and 6310i

Some first aid instructions and notes:

-Please check that the speed of your modem has not been limited to 9600bps. You can select this as 115200 bps, e.g. (It only sets the limit to the traffic between your PC and phone).
    -you have to have high speed service supported in your SIM card
    -in Nokia Modem Options (found in Control Panel) choose Nokia 6310i and drag the connection speed indicator to the desired speed. Connection Method has to be selected to Modem, V.110 or V.120, accordigly.
    -If you use GPRS services, type the Access Point name (you will get this from yuor operator).

Further information you can find in the Product Support pages:
    http://www.nokia.com/phones/productsupport/6310/guides.html
    (download the document 'Using Nokia Modem Options and Dial-Up for the Nokia 6310')

Do these instructions help?

-Seppo
    Forum Nokia

RE: DLT-4 and 6310i

activat IR on your phone and let Windows detect the phone (as standard modem over IR link) Use this "non nokia" driver to set up your connections.
    In case HSCSD is available, add follwing string under extra command in modem properties: AT+CBST=81,0,1.
    and this will speed you up from 9,6 to 38,4.