Discussion Board

WML Interpretation

Hi

I wonder if anyone can help me with the following problem:

I have written a wap site using ASP and WML, the site connects to an MS-Access Database. While developing the site, I used a trial version of winwap to debug, and got everything working smoothly, I installed on site and tested with winwap and everything was fine. I then tried to access the site using a Nokia 7650. The logon page, which is an ASP came up perfectly, but when I logged on I got the following error:

Bad answer from origin server

Why?

I was under the impression that WinWap was an emulator for WML. What are the differences between how the phone interprets the page as opposed to WinWap?

Could someone please point me in the right direction.

Thanks
    Steve

Regular Contributor
    Hello!

Have you tested to use Nokia SDK products and creation tools:

www.forum.nokia/tools
    Exapmle Series 60 Content Authoring SDK 1.2 for Symbian OS, Nokia Edition

Nokia Mobile Internet Toolkit 4.0
    -creating and testing content

Br,
    Pete

winwap vs real wap browsers

winwap (like Klondike) is more forgiving with wml errors like extra comma's, some missing tags etc.

WAP gateways aren't forgiving and if the content is not perfectly well formed they will refuse to compile it. Hence the errors you are getting. No easy answer, except to go back and check all your content for well-formedness, and also to develop using a phone or sdk which is picky (the old 7110 emulator I have is notoriously picky which is actually great for picking up errors.)