Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Unable to Connect. Maximum number of bluetooth connections already in use." Error

Hi,

I am re connecting after cancelling a previous bluetooth operation. But i get the message

"Unable to Connect. Maximum number of bluetooth connections already in use.", an obnoxious message but goes ahead making the new connection anyway.!?

I completely close my bluetooth socket before i open it gain for my new connection. I even tried using ioctl to completely break any bluetooth link with previous bluetooth device address. Even that dint help!

DOES anyone know why this is happening? My advance thanks to anyone who can HELP.

regards & thanks

murali

Re: Unable to Connect. Maximum number of bluetooth connections already in use." Error

Hi there!
    This is a very interesting question...
    I have the same problem here... I'm developing a J2ME bluetooth MIDlet on a Nokia 6600 (firmware Ver. 4.09.01) to poll some other bluetooth devices via SPP. The polling must be as fast as possible so I connect the first one, send info, disconnect and keep on polling the next... but when I'm trying to connect to the next one, I receive different Symbian Bluetooth errors: -6009, -6031 or even -6033 (ERoleChangeNotAllowed !!!)
    it seems that Connection.close() Method is not synchronous as it should be ! (it returns control, but BT stack take it´s time to close)
    And the worst part is that there is no other way to know when the bluetooth stack is ready to re-connect... or is there?

I can understand I receive a -6009 Error (EMaxConnections), but -6033 !!!?????? It´s not understandable at all.
    I would like Nokia people should answer this question.

Best Regards

Re: Unable to Connect. Maximum number of bluetooth connections already in use." Error

Simple, for close Socket needed some time. Try use timer.
    //для русских
    По-моему. это связано с тем, что на закрытие Сокета требуется время. Через секунд 5 можно опять коннектиться =)

Regular Contributor

Yes, when you close the connection you can see how long it takes before the Bluetooth connection icon disappears, can even be four or five seconds before it's safe to try to reconnect.

hi evrybody,

i have the same pblm and the use of timer is not a solution for me, because my application take a long of time to start (10 seconds) do you have an other solution to this pblm

thinks

Cool Re: Unable to Connect. Maximum number of bluetooth connections already in use." Error

Another way, I think, try to close RSocketServ. And Open it again.
    //для русский
    поробуй закрывать RSocketServ при реконнекте, а данные об устройстве для переподключения сохранять в файле или ещё где...

Regular Contributor

Hi ,

I am facing problem of bluetooth connection disconnecting.
    after one request.
    i want to send multiple requests via BT to PC and retrieve data.
    Code:
      try {
                    conn = (StreamConnection) Connector.open(mConnectionUrl);
                } catch (Exception e) {
                }
    the conn is giving null even mConnectionUrl is not null.

Thanks in advance

Nokia Developer Moderator

Note that this is the Symbian C++ board, if you click back to Programming Languages on the top, there is a Mobile Java board, where you can also find networking/communication topics.