Discussion Board

Error while sending HTTP Post Request

Dear Friends,

We have developed a Midlet which is posting some data to the web server (HttpServer) using an URL (HTTP POST method). On the HTTP server there is a Java Servlet which responds to the request.

One error randomly pops up while posting data.

The details of error :

App.closed
    jes-154-connectionEventServer@1..

App.closed
    jes-15e-ConnectionEventServer@1..

etc.

Such error messages pop up on a dailog box (Alert).

The number inbetween jes- and - connection... varies randomly.

After this error our midlet, just can not send any data to the web until we donot delete the Midlet and reinstall it.

The Midlet which is deployed in the handset works fine quite a times ( includindg sending the HTTP request and receiving the response) and quite a few times gives the above mention error. We are using GPRS for data connectivity.

We are using a Nokia 3650 for the same.

All the midlets are tested and work perfectly in the "J2ME Wireless Tool Kit - version 1.03" (i.e. the simulator).

Can any one help us.

Same Problem with the 7650

Hi ! I still have the same problem with a 7650. Did you solved it ? PLEASE HELP !!!

Yes we have successfully solved the problem.

1) Make sure that you are closing the HTTP connections after each session. (Please refer solved cases)

2) A HTTP GET request should not cross 255 bytes (including host name port no etc.)

3) For HTTP POST to work the Mobile Operators Gateway should support POST. Not all GPRS gateways support POST.

For further assistance you cloud write to my colleague Nikhil Sidhaye on n_sidhaye@sancharnet.in & n_sidhaye@yahoo.com.