In my application on the Nokia 3650 the softkey button text ( Cba buttons ) is not updated in time when the menu button text is changed after a menu change or opening of a menu pane. It can take up to 5 seconds before the text gets updated. I tried DrawNow() and DrawDeferred() on iEikonEnv->AppUiFactory( )->Cba( ) but no success. I also tried to flush the window server... also no success. Updating remains totally unpredictable.
In my app I've got a periodic timer called every 15 milli seconds and a second thread working at high priority, but I think there should be enough cpu time left to update the button text.