Discussion Board

OTA SyncML issue

Hi!

I've been trying to provision OTA SyncML DS settings to 9210i and 3650. The problem is that the username and password (or asterisks in the password field) are not shown on the phone when it gets the message. I've checked the binary messages and they seem to be conform with the OTA 7.0 spec. Could you help me? Many thanx.

Best Regards,
    Miklos Wagner

Re: OTA SyncML issue

Hi,
    i have been searching around and around to send the syncml settings via sms ,and i have found the way to do so, but there is not details about ,which mobiles supports which one ,and here what i have got and i need an explanation for that,i am stuck here:

first OTA settings 7

<SyncSettings>
    <Version>1.0</Version>
    <HostAddr>http://mobisync/sync</HostAddr>
    <Port>8080</Port>
    <RemoteDB>
    <CTType>text/x-vcard</CTType>
    <CTVer>2.1</CTVer>
    <URI>./contact</URI>
    <Name>Private Contact DB</Name>
    </RemoteDB>
    <ConRef>
    <ConType>2</ConType>
    <RefID>mobisync</RefID>
    <Bearer>11</Bearer>
    </ConRef>
    </SyncSettings>

recieve the file ,give me unsupported file formate error message??

Best regards
    Elisabetta

hello
    i have edited in xml ,there is somthing missing in it ,which is that you need to supply a name for the profile which you did not
    this will work with you
    <SyncSettings>
    <Version>1.0</Version>
    <Port>8080</Port>
    <RemoteDB>
    <CTVer>2.1</CTVer>
    <URI>./contact</URI>
    </RemoteDB>
    <Name>Syncprofile</Name>
    </SyncSettings>

hope it will help

sorry
    this is the right one ,you need to support name for the profile ,and username and password for the authontication

<SyncSettings>
    <Version>1.0</Version>
    <Port>8080</Port>
    <RemoteDB>
    <CTVer>2.1</CTVer>
    <URI>./contact</URI>
    </RemoteDB>
    <RemoteDB>
    <CTType>text/x-vcalendar</CTType>
    <CTVer>1.0</CTVer>
    <URI>./calendar</URI>
    <Name>Calendar DB</Name>
    </RemoteDB>
    <Name>syncprofile</Name>
    <Auth>
    <AuthLevel>1</AuthLevel>
    <AuthScheme>1</AuthScheme>
    <Username>guest</Username>
    <Cred>guest</Cred>
    </Auth>
    </SyncSettings>

Note for : Miklos Wagner
    about not showing the user name and password ,the password you will supply need to be converted to base64 then insert it into the xml file to show on the mobile good

beast regards
    onliaa

Thanks for your suggestions, but I had wroged to write my xml for sync settings, here I report my right xml:
    <SyncSettings>
    <Version>1.0</Version>
    <HostAddr>http://servername/mobilesync/sync</HostAddr>
    <Port>8000</Port>
    <RemoteDB>
    <CTVer>2.1</CTVer>
    <URI>./contact</URI>
    </RemoteDB>
    <Name>Profile Name</Name>
    <ConRef>
    <ConType>1</ConType>
    <RefID>Connection</RefID>
    </ConRef>
    </SyncSettings>

than i encode this in wbxml send it to nokia 3650 and the terminal display me an error message: file format not supported.
    Have you an xml and wbxml for syncml setting that work fine with nokia 3650?

Thank a lot
    Elisabetta

hello
    about the wbxml , you can find a document on nokia site that discribe it with an example , you can find the xml that i sent to you and how to convert it
    the document name is
    OTA_settings_general_7_0.pdf

i hope it will help you, it discribe all the conversion.

actuly i was using a program that sends the xml files to mobiles ,and it take cares of the whole process of conversion ,which is Nowsms,
    but now i am trying to make my own program that convert the xml file to wbxml but i am facing some problem not on conversion but on sending the file itself
    as i don't know how to set the prameters. as you are trying to send it ,would you help me on that.
    i am using smpp protocol to send the sms ,do you know what are the paramters that need to be set during sending wbxml using smpp
    thanks

Hi all,

I made used of the doc http://www.forum.nokia.com/main/1,6566,1_47,00.html
    suggested by newonilaa in some other thread.

Now I need some more help and that is
    the info provided at the link refers to the handsets from series 40, 60 an 80 ..but all devices (in these series) are not listed. How do I determine the Nokia-Eric OTA Vs OMA CP for the unlisted sets..

I am very very new to this and I am just making up my info base.. Help in this regards will be highly appreciated..

_jibran

hello
    i am sorry to tell you that i didn't find any other helpful link that would help in finding the rest of mobiles type of provisioning.
    but as i have checked this link i posted before, it looks they updated it with some new mobiles ,wasn't there before, and that is good, may be soon we will find the whole list updated.

but i can help you from my experiance
    1- All series 60 mobiles that show up after releasing 6600 supports OMA Client Provisioning 1.1 (ex: 6600,7610,6630,6260,6670,6680,6681,3230 "i tested those by myself ")
    2-New N-series supports OMA Client Provisioning 1.1 (ex: N-90)
    3-About sereis 40, i am facing problems with it, as all the new devices from it supports OMA Client Provisioning 1.1, but even with this the message that the mobile recieves doesn't show all the required data. Doesn't give a complete provisioning. for example 6170,7270,6020,621,6101,7280 i message saved on the mobile on the wrong place and doesn't give the data of it on the right place. i have failed to make the provisioning process. if you find any way to do so,please tell

i hope that i have gave you the help you needed, and if you found anything that can help, please post it.
    thanks

can you guys tell me what software do you use for this? I'm a beginner here.. that's why i dont know

hello
    about the software there are alot of online gateways that supports sending OMA settings from online ,a quick search will get you many
    and if you have allready a gateway ,you can use NOWSMS program that connects to the gateway you want and send through it the OMA settings you need
    thanks