Discussion Board

Direct X to Symbian.

I have a few questions.

I have a Direct X 7 game (top end stuff some years ago) that isn't written by me, but I would like to make this work with N-gage.

What should I consider? I have heard of the Open GL for symbian platform, but I have never used OpenGL and only a little of Direct X (In fact I haven't gotten so far as to compile the code fully). Any help is apprecieated.

I just figured that with little learning and about and year of programming I might be able to make lots of money off this game.

DirectX at Nokia?! It's impossible. Now.

It might be impossible straight, but is there any way I can port the code in minium hassle. Like a API that I can use....

There is now such API now. But if you need it strongly you can do the following thing: You can take your code, exclude DirectDraw libraries from it and write your own fucntions and/or interfaces that are called as DirectDraw fucntions but which functionality would be based on Symbian functions. I'm mention such functions as BitBlt and others. They all ARE in Symbian but they work in another way than in DirectDraw (slowly) and are called differently sometimes. It's not a hard work. But it will work slowly (as everthing in Symbian IMHO