Discussion Board

Hybrid View

WAP Push Viewer issues on 3650

Hi,

I am experiencing problems with WAP Push on the 3650, specifically:

> When a WAP Push is sent with link to a 4k JPEG image the file downloads and opens in the image viewer but there is no Option to Save.

> When a WAP Push is sent with a link to .dm file the handset reports "Push Viewer - uknown file format!"

> > When a WAP Push is sent with a link to .dd file the handset correctly displays the descriptor file but when the Accept key is pressed a "Download Failed" message is displayed shortly after GPRS downloading commences.

All of these test work when used with a WAP Bookmark via the WAP Browser, so there are no server MIME type problems, file sizes too large, etc. issues.

Any help appreciated... Ian

PS Though this is a newly delivered 3650 it has firmware release 2.50, I understand that the latest release is either 3.16 or 4.0, are there any known WAP Push viewer issues with 2.50 or later releases?

Nokia Developer Expert
    Hi!

-------------------
    > > When a WAP Push is sent with a link to .dd file the handset correctly displays the descriptor file but when the Accept key is pressed a "Download Failed" message is displayed shortly after GPRS downloading commences.
    -------------------

Can you please check that your .dd file is correct? I tested this with the Nokia 3650 sw v2.50 and there was no problem to download .dm or .jpg files to the device with OMA Dowload OTA.

Kind regards,

sami / Forum Nokia Developer Support

Hi Sami,

I assume the .dd file is correct as if I enter the URL for this file directly in the 3650's WAP browser then it will download correctly, display the descriptor, and then download a .dm file and unpack the .jpg content file correctly.

My problem is when I send the URL for the .dd file in a WAP Push message over an SMS bearer. The handset correctly displays the descriptor file but will not then download the .dm file, giving a "Download Failed" message.

Any ideas?

Also, when doing a direct download (not OTA) of a JPEG file, when the URL has been provided in a WAP Push message, why does the handset not present the Save option in the handset's Image viewer?

Thanks, Ian