Discussion Board

Nokia 6310i in car

Has anyone installed a hands free car kit for the Nokia 6310i? I have just installed it and when I put the phone into the cradle a small icon of a car is displayed. However the phone doesn't seem to acknowledge that it is in a car by muting the radio etc. I cannot find any settings in the menu for car settings. Am I missing something?

As far as I'm aware there isn't a setting for this. When we have our company car kit installed I have to make sure I ask for the radio mute to be connected. It¡¯s not available on all makes and models of car. I know that if your car is a Toyota it properly won¡¯t be able to mute at all.

Nokia 6310i in car

I'm pretty sure my car can mute if the mobile phone tells it to. Are you saying that the 6310i definitely has the ability to send the radio mute command?

I'm not a sure on the tec¡¯y side of things. I know it¡¯s possible with either a mid or premium install. It sounds like you have installed this yourself. I have never installed a kit. My understanding of it all was that most radios have a port on the back that allows devises to plug in. I know that there is no programming of the phone involved, as I don¡¯t give it to the engineers.

You might find some more help in the below web site.
    http://www.funfonechat.com

I have a bluetooth handsfree car kit for my 6310i. Catherine is correct - most car stereos have a mute connection which you connect to your car kit. The stereo mutes ok when someone calls my 6310i. In my car, the mute lead is a little blue wire connected between the car kit and stereo (if that helps!)