Discussion Board

multiple bluetooth connections

Hi is it possible to accept multiple bluetooth connections to one device ? When trying to via RFCOMM the device says 'there are allready maximum amount of connections in use'.
    I would assume that this could be done configuring HCI parameters and then using either l2cap or rfcomm ?

Thanks.

HI, I have the same problem!

I need a RFCOMM connection to a server (Symbian is client) and a L2CAP connection to a client device (Symbian is server).

But I get the same error.

Nokia Developer Moderator
    Hi,

At the moment, scatternet functionality is not supported in the real devices. This means that devices can participate in a single network only. If the device is a master of an existing net, it can make new connections(expand its current network) until it has 7 active connections "open". If the device is acting as a slave in an active network, it cannot accept any new connections (take part in another network).

When the devices start supporting Bluetooth scatternets this all will change.

Best Regards,
    Ari / Forum Nokia

And why is it possible to receive data over bluetooth (Windows XP, Send to Device) while I have in my application an open RFCOMM connection to a server?

How does this work on my 6630 if it supports only 1 connection as you say?