Discussion Board

How to get OK instead of Options above the left soft key when displaying a TextBox?

How can I get "OK" above the left soft key instead of "Options" when displaying a TextBox (or a TextField) on Nokia 7210? It seems to me that the phone adds the Options menu in order to give the user an access to the dictionary. The TextBoxes in my MIDlet are set to contain only numeric information (TexField.NUMERIC) so there is absolutely no need to display Options!

I would like to know how can I implement with J2ME the same kind of screen which can be screen by selecting Names -> Add name?

I sincerely hope that some of you Nokia Experts will answer to this questions since I am sure I am not the only one struggling with this problem.

- Timo

As far as I'm aware there's no way to get rid of Options menu.

Well.. you can use FullCanvas, draw this menu yourself, handle keypresses and do everything by yourself, but this is hardly what you would like to do

Re: How to get OK instead of Options above the left soft key when displaying a TextBo

This really sucks. Other phones don't have this restriction, don't know why Nokia forces Canvas on developer's throat.