Discussion Board

Differences between Nokia Emulator and Sun MIDP 2.0 Emulator

Is there any differences between Nokia Series 60 Concept Beta 0.3 and Sun MIDP 2.0 Emulator?

Because I had a midlet can run under MIDP 2.0 emualtor very well but no on Nokia Series 60 Conecept Beta 0.3 which is bundled with Nokia Developer suite 2.0.

Regular Contributor

Solustion

Dear,
    I think if you only used simple application at Sun MIDP 2.0 i think its does not metter so it would be can run at Nokia SDK, for make sure that class it can use please cross check documentation from Sun SDK with Nokia SDK may be some one class not supported. I hope it can help you

Regular Contributor
    Nokia Concept SDK 0.3 was based on MIDP 1.0 instead of 2.0, which is why u can't run your app on that.

Br,
    -Leo

Is there any document support your point?

Hi, thank for your reply. I like to know there is any document supporting your point or not and where you got the knowledge?

Because I understand that nokia will use it to test the application runnable on the new model 6600 as the new phone is not stable yet.

thanks

Regular Contributor

Thinking

Oh ya I almost forget that MDIP 2 at nokia is upport by 6600 only that if you would interest study more that you can visited sun website at there you can got more basic about MIDP 2.0 or call Nokia Center at your Country to get more information.

Series 60 Concept SDK Beta 0.3 supports MIDP 2.0

FYI.

Just got confirmation from Nokia support team that Series 60 Concept SDK Beta 0.3 supports MIDP 2.0.

Then there must have some differences between the emulator from Nokia and eumlator from Sun. Otherwise, it could not explain the problem.

Thanks.

Regular Contributor

Fresh Solustion

Dear,
    I think your problem has been solve by nokia forum please look this "NOTE: This is an essential upgrade to the Series 60 MIDP Concept SDK Beta 0.3 that was bundled with the Nokia Developer's Suite for J2ME™, Version 2.0. It is strongly recommended that you update your Series 60 MIDP Concept SDK Beta 0.3 with this new version" so you SDK is need to be update to can used MIDP 2 to look this document please following this link http://www.forum.nokia.com/main/0,,034-243,00.html, and the diffrences betwwen Nokia and SUN is at the library functional suport for the device so if you want be able to deploy your application by using Nokia library so you can also can used the hardware like vibrator, light and etc. And if you only using SUN you just created standart application with can confertable with another phone mark but if you only use nokia so your program only can run at nokia.
    I hope this can answer your question.