Discussion Board

Thread: help!!!

Super Contributor

help!!!

I try to make a personal java program for nokia9210, and install the sdk1.1 java version. and met some problem, i know you are an expert, please help me.

1. I tried to make a program to store the call register information and do some processing on emulator(sdk1.1). but i cannot find any API (in javaphone1.0 or personaljava)which can let me save the data i produced. (restart the emulator, all disappeared)

2. I want to use emulator to simulate the situation such as a incoming call or calling a number to try my program for call register. Could you tell me how to make it possible on emulator?

3. I used to use aifbuilder to build my application, but after i speed up the emulator and install pjae, the aifbuilder did not work any more. OS told me that aifbuilder.jar didnt existin the path it mentioned, but it did exist in the same path as before. what is wrong with SDK?

4. each time when i run a example on emulator, i cannot run another one except i open the emulator again? what is wrong?

Posted by lu wenhui, lv_wenhui@yahoo.com
    on April 29, 2002 at 20:07

Super Contributor

RE: help!!!

Posted by Forum Nokia Developer Support, communicator.developer@nokia.com
    on April 30, 2002 at 14:05

Hi,

1. There is no specific API for creating call register, but you can get the phone number and you can search contacts from contacts database. Study the SDK's examples (PhoneCall and BlackBook) for more information.

2.That's a difficult one... Basically this might be possible. We have to try this first and if it is working, we will share the information here.

3.What did you actually install? There is no need for installing any additional Java classes etc. after installing the SDK and JDK 1.1.8. You can try to install the JRE again from the SDK CD-ROM to make AIFBuilder tool work again.

4.This is normal situation. Read the Forum Nokia document "Getting started with Java on the Nokia 9200 Series Communicators": Hints and Tips chapter. This is to ensure that all threads associated with the application are terminated.

Best Regards,
    Forum Nokia Developer Support