Discussion Board

linking warnings and errors

Hi everyone!

I am using visual studio .net to code and up until now i was only trying to learn how to do stuf.
    Now i am really trying to develop my code and i get this weird linking warning and i cant find out anything about it.

"warning LNK4044: unrecognized option '/WARN:3'; ignored"

And then i get more weird linking errors.

"SOCKETS error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol ___security_cookie referenced in function "private: virtual void __thiscall CSocketsAppUi::HandleCommandL(int)" (?HandleCommandL@CSocketsAppUi@@EAEXH@Z)
    "
    "SOCKETS error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol @__security_check_cookie@4 referenced in function "private: virtual void __thiscall CSocketsAppUi::HandleCommandL(int)" (?HandleCommandL@CSocketsAppUi@@EAEXH@Z)
    "

Could this be some library that i am missing?
    Please help me!

Ps.The code compiles and runs if i build for wins but not for VS .net

Thanks for anyone that helps

Regular Contributor
    I am not sure whether I can help with your second problem, but it usually is caused by a missing lib-file from your project settings. Have you checked that you have included all the needed lib-files in your Visual Studio project? If you have used "abld makefile vc6" to generate workspace, you should have all the libraries you need, if your mmp-file lists all the needed libs.

As for the "/WARN:3"-warning. It is harmless. This warning is shown because the Symbian build scripts were created for VC++ 6.0 and the VS.NET linker does not support that linker option. This linker option is set in file cl_win in epoc32\tools-directory under the SDK main directory.

Thanks for ur help. The big problem is that if i compile for the wins platform the program works.

Its really strange.

Thanks again bitnir!

A solution working fine for me is to set in you projet propriety :
    C/C++ // Code Generation // Buffer Security Cheack -> No

Don't realy know if it's a good solution but ...

Nokia Developer Expert

Regular Contributor
    Thanks a lot!!!!!!!Praline