Discussion Board

Syncml Device Management

I want to send out OMA provisioning to configure my clients about the URL and port of my SyncML Server, together with their database name, authentication username and password.

But i don't know how to do so ? Where could i find example ??
    It has something like Bootstrop provisioning, Content provisioning, Device Management. All thoese are making me confused. Can anyone show me the way ? An example of the xml would be much appreciated.

by the way, can the settings be sent via SMS instead of MMS ?
    Thanks in advance

Nokia Developer Expert
    Hi!

Current phones available support Over The Air (OTA) specification 7.0. There are some examples how to send a configuration message. OTA messages are being sent using SMS.

New products have to be configured usind OMA Client Provisioning protocol. Have a look to OMA web site for specifications and Forum Nokia site for examples.

Teemu / Forum Nokia

SyncML client settings

I know how to send sync settings to client mobiles with OTA 7.0, but I don't know how to achieve the same thing with OMA's approach. I can find only bootstrap MMS settings, but hard to find information on sending SyncML settings for clients.

It's quite hard to find a particular sample from nokia's website, can you kindly show me the URL ?

Thanks very much

Nokia Developer Expert
    Hello!

Every application has it's own parameters that can be changed/needs to be added. Like Browser has to have start page, MMS client has to have MMSC URL and so on. Possible parameters per application has been listed on registeration documents. These documents should be found from OMA site, but tat the moment you can find the files from Forum Nokia site. (http://www.forum.nokia.com/main/1,65..._30_10,00.html)

If you look the w5 application (that is the Data Sync application) you can find all the parameters you have to / may use for the application. The registeration document holds an XML example as well.

Teemu / Forum Nokia

Yes, thanks very much. That's what I wanted. I've one more question. Should it be sent via SMS with WSP header, or in IEAF format to MMSC ?

Nokia Developer Expert
    Hi!

OMA client provisioning runst top of WAP PUSH, so WSP. Have a look to Client Provisioning for S40 document.

Teemu / Forum Nokia