Discussion Board

Series 60 SDK Version 2.0

Hi,

when I've created a sis file from the helloworldbasic example in an own directory for testing, this sis file is smaller than the original. And it's not running in epoc, when I load it. Only the debug and release versions of MS are runnig correctly in EPOC.

By porting to my phone (NOKIA 3650), there is the error message, that "Series60ProductId" isn't known.

Is there somebody who can halp me?

Best regards
    Alwin

Regular Contributor
    Hi,

I don't fully understand your posting, but EPOC emulators are only able to run code, which are built for WINS UDEB (debug) or WINS UREL (release) targets.

.PKG package files contains a line, which defines which platforms are supported. PKG files for Series 60 2.0 SDK examples contain following line, which means that SIS file is a Series 60 2.0 application and cannot be installed to devices based on earlier platform versions.

(0x101F7960), 0, 0, 0, {"Series60ProductID"}

Br,
    Marko / Forum Nokia

Version 2.0

Hi,
    many thanks for this answer!

The circumstance, which disconcerted me, was that could be installed the SIS file in V2.0 on the EPOC, lying in the Install listing, and also ran there. My produced sis file was smaller against it and ran not.

Further I've meant to have found a text that there is a way, V 2.0. making useful also for 3650. Now I've understood that this meaning is wrong!

Best regards Alwin