Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Dynamic loading and converting to MBM

hi! i know this has been asked several times in this forum, but i still can't find the ans to this problem.

i have done a grid to display the icons in a MBM file. I want the grid to display whatever that is in the MBM file into the grid.

how can i convert any number of bitmaps into MBM automatically and display it into a grid dynamically without having to recompile my program?

the number of bitmaps are not fixed, so how can i convert them into MBM and then know the number of bitmaps in the MBM file and display them?

or is there another way to do this without having to create a MBM file?

Nokia Developer Moderator
    Hi

You don't need to convert bitmaps to mbm to get them to your grid.

Basically what you need, is only to get the stuff you want to display to the icon, the way you do it doesn't matter.

What is the thing you need to do ? could you explain it in easy details ?

yucca

Regular Contributor
    ok thanks.

i have some jpg files which i want to send to the phone and display them into the grid, so the files are not fixed. They are only sent to the phone when the application starts. How can i achieve this?

Nokia Developer Moderator
    Basically you could send the jpg files as they are, you could open them and scale the images to fit the grip icon size. Yhis of course would be very time -consuming and in most cased way too slow.

In case the images are put into the normal image folder (or if the target is 6600 MMC) you would be better off by making the standard thumbnails of the images and to use them in the grid. You could make them and ship them same time as you are shipping the images, but you might need to take account the differences between different phones.

I would basically suggest you to ship the images only, and then make the thimbnails in phone. Takes time but need to be doen only ones for a image.

In case the images are located somewhere other than standard location, you could make the small mbm with same name as jpg and use it as icon in grid, basically there no difference between the thumbnail approach, except that you could put both files in same folder or anyway you want.

yucca