Discussion Board

Question about disconnecting and Active Objects

Hi,

I have some application where I search the Bluetooth surrounding with RHostResolver.

After every search I check which devices are around and make a connection to some of those devices and exchange some data.

Now when disconnecting from a device the Active object informs that the disconnecting has been done. So, I start searching again...

But I have noticed that even though the active object has informed about the disconnecting the bluetooth connecting is actually still there?!? Why does the active object informs that the connection is gone when it's not?

As I have read on this Forum disconnecting a Bluetooth connection in Symbian OS takes about 3 seconds. Why does the active object informs (lets say after 1 second) that we are disconnected when it is not!

When putting some delay (lets say 5sec) after the active object has informed that the connection is gone the connection is actually gone??!! and starting the search again works better...

When is it sure that a bluetooth connection has been disconnected? Using delays is not the good way of doing this!

Thanks,

t. Hans

Regular Contributor
    I've seen this too, and would really like to know if anything can be done to properly synchronise the use of Bluetooth connections.

When you issue a close, the call 'returns' almost immediately, but it takes a few more seconds for the bluetooth activity indicator on the system screen to change from connected to disconnected. So, something in the OS must know when the connection has finally closed?

Thanks very much,

Steve

Re: Question about disconnecting and Active Objects

This is really annoying!
    Any update from Nokia on this one?