Discussion Board

NDS 2.0 Installation Problem

I'm unable to install NDS 2.0 for Linux on my home computer.

First of all, setup.bin fails after it sets LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.2.5 environmental variable which causes a lot of mesages like this

dirname: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

and installation fails. If I disable this place in setup.bin like suggested e.g. on http://portal.suse.com/sdb/en/2002/1..._anywhere.html

the installation process goes further but still breaks with the following message:

[...]
    Extracting the installation resources from the installer archive...
    Extracting install.zip from ./setup.bin to /tmp/install.dir.7202/InstallerData/installer.zip ...
    Extracting done, exit code = 0
    Configuring the installer for this system's environment...

Launching installer...

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/zerog/lax/LAX

I have a custom Linux installation with kernel 2.4.22, glibc-2.2.6 and Sun Java J2SE 1.4.2_01-b06 (seems working Ok).

Could anyone suggest what I can try to complete the installation? Thank you in advance

Well, it seems I found a workaround...

1. I commented all 'rm -rf ...' strings in setup.bin
    2. Then I went to installation temporary directory (typically /tmp/install.data.<number>/,
    3. Manually unpack InstallerData/installer.zip (well, this was a rather strange zip archive, it couldn't be 'opened' by Midnight Commander and KDE's Konqueror, I had to use unzip)
    4. Inserted into META-INF/MANIFEST.MF string 'Main-Class: com.zerog.lax.LAX\r' (\r means part DOS-like string end convention)
    5. Packed it with zip into installer.jar
    6. Run things like 'java -jar InstallerData/installer.jar" "/tmp/install.dir.7202/temp.lax" "/tmp/env.properties.7202"
    7. Installer seems to start, although all these visual glitches like inability to scroll down down are in place :-). Now I need a serial number :-)

Another, similar, solution to this problem can be found in the third post in this thread: http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...threadid=16459